Migration from one email client to another client becomes an important task nowadays. There are so many users who want to export Eudora database into Outlook client but unable to move the database in an easy and effortless manner. To resolve the issue, we have designed this tutorial to guide the users for the entire migration of Eudora database into Outlook format.
Eudora is a desktop-based email application that can run easily on several platforms like Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. It is a powerful email client that stores the database into the MBX/MBOX format.
Outlook is an email client that is more in demand by the users and it is not an emailing program only but also a personal information manager includes the task manager, calendar, contact manager, note making and journals. MS Outlook utilizes PST file format to store the database.
Need to export Eudora files to Outlook
There are multiple reasons to convert MBX into PST format –
- Outlook provides users the facility to work in offline mode.
- Outlook is user-friendly among users hence easily handled by the users.
- Outlook works as a personal information manager as it includes not only emails but also contacts, calendar, tasks, journals etc. to manage.
- MS Outlook is a secure platform with its various security features to protect the database of the user.
- Outlook has easy connectivity with Exchange Server.
How to export Eudora to PST format?
To migrate MBOX to PST, you can simply use Eudora MBX to Outlook Converter tool. Follow the steps provided in this tutorial to easily export MBX to PST.
Step 1. Download and Install the application – The first step is to download and install Eudora to Outlook Converter Tool successfully on your system.
Step 2. Selection of MBOX files – Select MBOX files whom you want to export into Outlook PST format. Choose Folder mode or File mode. You can directly load Thunderbird Files. Click on Browse option and load MBOX file.
Step 3. Preview facility – As the files are loaded, you can get a complete view of all emails and other items in the Preview Pane. This will ensure the accuracy of the files.
Step 4. Multiple Export Options – There is a various export option provided by the application. To import MBOX file to Outlook, choose PST file format.
Other Options – You can save the resultant files to new PST or an existing PST file. Moreover, you can create multiple PST file for each MBOX file.
Step 5. Choice of Output Location – Go to the Browse button choose a location of your choice where you want to store the resultant files.
Step 5. Click Convert Now – At the end, hit Convert Now button. This will start the export process and after a couple of minutes, you will find MBX files converted into PST format.
How to import PST file to MS Outlook?
- Open MS Outlook application
- Go to File menu > Open & Export > Import/Export
- Select Import from another program or file, click Next
- Select Outlook data file (.pst), then click Next
- Browse PST file and click on Next button
- Choose the account where you want to place the PST file
- Click on Finish button