If you are in a search of a swift application to convert Zimbra mailbox into MS Outlook, no need to worry as we have prepared this tutorial to guide the users to migrate Zimbra file to Outlook PST format. We have designed a complete guide for you to perform the conversion in a safe and trouble-free manner. Before moving ahead, let’s introduce you to both the email clients – Zimbra and Microsoft Outlook.
Zimbra is a desktop-based email client that supports managing all the mailbox content of the user. Zimbra client stores all the user database in TGZ file format. It is a free email client available for Windows, Mac and Linux users.
Outlook is the most preferred and used email client both by home users and professional users. It comes with Office Suite. It stores the database of the user in Personal Storage Table (PST) format. Outlook is a simple to use and handle application by the users.
Why migrate Zimbra TGZ into Outlook application?
There are multiple reasons to convert Zimbra database into MS Outlook –
- Outlook is the updated email client that is used in large numbers by the corporate as well as home users.
- With Outlook client, a user has the facility to work in offline mode, when the user is not connected to Exchange Server.
- Outlook provides pretty well security features to restrict the entry of malware and viruses.
- Outlook integrates with many devices and applications.
How to convert TGZ files to Outlook PST format?
Download Zimbra to Outlook Converter to migrate TGZ files into Outlook in a safe and reliable manner. Get the step by step procedure to import TGZ into Outlook –
Step 1. Download and launch the application – The beginning step is to download and launch the application successfully on your Windows machine.
Step 2. Loading TGZ file – Select TGZ files for conversion into PST format. Go to the Browse button and select TGZ files whom you to convert into PST format. You can freely load any size TGZ file without any issues.
Step 3. Clean & clear broadcasting – Once the TGZ files are loaded successfully, you can get a complete view of all the components of Zimbra file. A list of all folders is given on the left-hand side. You can simply check the files from the left corner.
Step 4. Selection of Export Type – There are several options provided by the tool. To migrate TGZ to Outlook, select PST file format.
Step 5. Providing Output destination – Provide a location where you want to save the converted PST file. For this, go to the Browse button and select a path to save the resultant files as per your choice.
Step 6. Click Export button – Finally, move your mouse pointer to the Export button. This will start the process and takes a few minutes to convert TGZ to PST format.
Steps to Import PST file into Outlook
- Open MS Outlook application
- Go to File menu > Open & Export > Import/Export
- Select Import from another program or file, click Next
- Select Outlook data file (.pst), then click Next
- Browse PST file and click Next
- Choose the account where you want to place the PST file
- Click on Finish button